A fulfilling sex life is healthy and natural. Physical and emotional intimacy are essential parts of your well-being. When sexual dysfunction occurs, having a fulfilling sex life can be difficult.
Sex therapy may be able to help you reframe your sexual challenges and increase your sexual satisfaction.
- Are your out of control sexual behaviors (OCSB) negatively impacting your life?
- Are you in a sexless marriage?
- Do you and your partner have mismatched sexual desires?
- Are you having performance issues?
- Do you not feel emotionally connected anymore?
- Want to spice up your love life?
What I treat:
If sexual issues are preventing true closeness between you and your partner, you may want to consider sex therapy. These are some of the areas I specialize in.
- Sexual Health
- Sexual Trauma
- Sexual Reintegration after out of control sexual behaviors or infidelity
- Desire Discrepancy
- Sexual Shame
- Religious Shame
- Ethical Non-Monogamy
- Talking to your kids about sex
How does Sex Therapy work?
As a sex therapist, I use a nonjudgmental bio-psycho-social-spiritual approach and focus on the dynamics found in your relationship. We will identify your beliefs and attitudes about sex and explore your specific sexual challenges. I will often recommend specific exercises or coping strategies to refocus your attention and expectations so that you can achieve your goals, ultimately resulting in a satisfying sex life.
Specific objectives may include the following:
- Reducing shame about sex
- Practicing safety & consent
- Learning to eliminate and relax distractions
- Learning to communicate what you’d like in a positive way
- Learning nonsexual touching techniques
- Increasing or enhancing sexual stimulation
- Minimizing pain during intercourse
If you’d like to explore sex therapy, I want you to know that you aren’t alone in having sexual problems and that I can help. Please contact me today for a “risk-free” consultation to see if I’m a good match for your needs.